How to get a Facebook verification badge
Wednesday 7th of March 2018
There are two different type of verification badges you can request for your Facebook page, both are designed to let people know that your Facebook page or profile is authentic. One is a grey badge which is generally used for businesses and the other is a blue badge which is used for pages or profiles of public interest. To make this a little clearer the grey badges will usually be used for businesses and companies, whereas the blue verification badge will be used for public figures, celebrities and brands. If you are running a business locally there really is no need for you to request a blue badge, however if you are an international brand such as Adidas or Costa Coffee then it would make sense for you to request (and be granted) a blue badge.
How to request a Grey Verification badge for your Company Page
To get started with your verification you need to be an admin of your company page and you must have a profile and cover photo. Facebook will then verify your account using either your publically listed phone number or a business document such as a bill.
To verify your Page:
1. Go to your Facebook Page
2. Click Settings at the top of your Page
3. From General, click Page Verification
4. Click Verify this Page, then click Get Started
5. Enter a publicly listed phone number for your business, your country and language
6. Click Call Me Now. Facebook will call you back with a 4-digit code.
7. Enter the 4-digit verification code and click Continue
If you would like to verify your Page with a business document instead of your number then you need to follow the steps above and click Verify this Page with documents instead at the bottom of the window (pictured above). Upload a picture of an official business document which clearly shows your business's name and address.
Facebook will then review your information which may take a few days. Once they have verified that your information matches public records they will send you through an email with more information about your verification status.
How to request a Blue Verification badge
It’s harder to request and be granted a blue verification badge as it depends on a number of factors such as account completion, policy compliance and public interest. To be accepted for this your brand must be eligible and your page must be a “Follow’ enabled profile only. You will need to have information on your profile such as profile and cover photo, a name that follows Facebook guidelines and content posted to the account.
1. You then need to submit a request by filling out a form which you can find under the help section on Facebook (see attached picture).
2. You need to provide valid photo ID such as a passport, Driving Licence or National Identification card to Facebook.
3. You need to make sure you include some information on why your account should receive a blue badge including relevant URL’s that show public interest (i.e. web pages that have featured your site, or things you have written). Facebook will not grant a blue badge unless you show that your page is of interest.
At this point you just need to wait to hear from Facebook, you will receive a notification when they review your request. If the request is denied then you will have to wait at least 30 days before you send through another request.